You may wish to play the video above for an interesting explanation of Chiropractic.
How do I know if Chiropractic care is for me?
The main focus of a chiropractor is to restore motion to your spine and enhance the communication of the nervous system, some of the key signs that you could benefit from a chiropractor include:
- When you look in the mirror, you notice that one shoulder is higher than the other, or you have a slight head tilt
- You have reduced range of motion when turning your head from one side to the other
- You’ve been in an accident and/or experienced trauma of some kind
- You have headaches and/or a fuzziness in the head
- You keep getting sick and just can’t shake the last cold you had
- You are pregnant, or are looking to get pregnant
- You are experiencing a lot of stress in your life
- In children, clumsiness, frequent ear infections or learning challenges can indicate poor spinal health
- You want to enhance your wellbeing and see the value in looking after your health
What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a natural approach to better health. It is based on the science and philosophy of recognising and respecting the body’s innate healing ability. Chiropractic focuses on the relationship between the spine and the nervous system. A healthy spine is essential for optimal health and wellbeing!
What causes a Subluxation?
Stressors! Things that cause tension to the body or alter the state of balance. Stress can be categorised into three types:
- Car accidents
- Sport injuries
- Prolonged ‘abnormal’ postures
- Repetitive overuse movements or positions
- And the BIRTH process.
- Cigarette smoke
- Environmental pollutants
- Electro Magnetic Radiation
- Work pressure
- Peer pressure
- Relationship drama
- Financial worry
What is a Chiropractic Adjustment and is it safe?
Adjustments are a specific, non-invasive force or motion applied to the spine to restore movement, improve function and stimulate the nervous system. Adjustments are very safe. The New Zealand Government’s “Commission of Inquiry into Chiropractic” concluded that; “spinal adjusting is a vital, very safe and clinically effective form of health care”.
Chiropractors have more thorough training in spinal mechanics and spinal care than any other health professional. Furthermore, chiropractic is scientifically based. Techniques vary from chiropractor to chiropractor and are tailored to each patient. Our Melbourne Chiropractor Dr Megan Azer employs gentle manual adjusting in conjunction with other techniques to ensure a safe and effective adjustment.
Holistic Chiropractic care is Vital for good Health
Chiropractic has been developed around these 4 self-evident truths
2. The nervous system is responsible for coordinating the function of every cell, tissue & organ in the body.
3. Subluxations (spinal misalignment) are the NUMBER 1 cause of interference with the body’s inborn or innate intelligence’s ability to self heal and self regulate through the nervous system.
4. Chiropractic is the only healing science responsible for locating and correcting subluxations through the Chiropractic Adjustment, thereby restoring the body’s ability to heal itself.
“The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.” Thomas E Edison
As well as being an expert at treating back pain and neck pain, Megan can help with a wide range of conditions for people of all ages from children to the elderly. These include:
Low-back pain, mid-back pain & neck pain
- Car accident injuries & whiplash
- Hip, knee, ankle & foot injuries
Numbness, tingling and sciatica
Spinal disc injuries
Chronic fatigue and stress
Free Spinal and Posture Assessment
As a special service to our clients, Vitalchi is pleased to offer you free 15 minute Spinal and Posture assessments conducted by our Chiropractic Doctors. This is a great way to find out the condition of your spine and postural alignment and to learn how your posture can affect your overall health and wellbeing. Contact us now on (03) 9894-0014 to book in for your free check-up.
Make an Appointment
Chiropractors take a holistic approach to treating the patient, recognizing that if there is dysfunction in one part of the body a chain-reaction can occur where other areas of the body compensate. They appreciate that the area of the symptom does not always correlate with the area of the problem, and thus look at the structure and function of the body as a whole when diagnosing and treating a patient's complaint.
A Little about Our Melbourne Chiropractor
Dr. Megan Azer is a member of the Chiropractors' Association of Australia, and has had extensive education, experience and success in treating a range of conditions. From her offices in Blackburn, Megan works with clients across Melbourne with a large client base in the surrounding suburbs.
These surrounding suburbs include Blackburn North, Blackburn South, Box Hill, Box Hill North, Box Hill South, Burwood, Burwood East, Doncaster, Doncaster East, Donvale, Forest Hill, Mitcham, Mont Albert, Nunawading, Surrey Hills, Vermont and Vermont South.
As a family Chiropractor with additional specialities in Child Chiropractic, Megan also assists children from the local Blackburn schools, including Laburnum, Blackburn Lake, St Thomas the Apostle, Old Orchard, Orchard Grove, Blackburn Primary and Blackburn High School
Getting to Vitalchi Chiropractor
Vitalchi Chiropractic is located only 50 metres from the Blackburn Train station, on the Belgrave and Lilydale lines, and only two train stops from the busy Box Hill shopping district.
Platforms 1 and 2: To Melbourne CBD, passing through Laburnum, Box Hill, Mont Albert, Surrey Hills and through to Flinders St
Platform 3: Lilydale and Belgrave lines - passing through Nunawading, Mitcham, Heatherdale, Ringwood and on to Croydon and Lilydale or Bayswater, Ferntree Gully and Belgrave
Blackburn Village is an important Bus interchange. Route 286 departs from the station and routes 703, 736 and 765 depart from South Parade. These buses connect the Blackburn Chiropractic centre to the Forest Hill shopping centre, Burwood, Syndal, Pinewood, Monash, Middle Brighton, Glen Waverley, Burwood, Vermont South, Mitcham, Box Hill, Doncaster, The Pines and Templestowe.
Make an Appointment